News

Monte Carro says Rapid Support official has made threats against staffers, families

 

Sudanese news website Monte Carro said that it is has been receiving constant threats from Rapid Support Forces officials.

Khartoum: AlTaghyeer

The Monte Carro website revealed that its working staff, and their families, have received threats from a prominent official in the Rapid Support Forces.

The RSF is a militia led by the second man in command in Sudan and the second man in the October 25th coup, Mohamed Hamdan Dagalo (Hemedti).

On Saturday, the website stated that its director, investigative journalist Nassef Salah el-Din, the Monte Carro staff, and their families, were threatened by the Director of the Electronic Media Department of Rapid Support, Idriss Madallal.

The website had earlier reported that Madallal took part in the kidnapping of the United Popular Front member, Osama Muhammad al-Hassan, on September 30th, during which he made accusations related to providing the website with information.

Osama was released the next day, after threats were made against him and his family.

Osama was previously arrested in October 2020 for 67 days in one of the Rapid Support Forces’ many headquarters.

Monte Carro reported that its director, Nassed Salah el-Din, received a threatening call after the news item was published.

Among its coverage, Monte Carro published several news and investigative reports about the Rapid Support Forces, which highlighted a number abuses and violations .

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button